Call for Papers: Abstract Submission Guidelines
Inter/Micro 2023 speaker presentations will be held June 13-14, 2023 at McCrone Research Institute, Chicago. Please follow these three easy steps for submitting an abstract of your presentation:
Abstract submission deadline: April 1, 2023
1. Limit abstract length to 200 words.
2. Include title, author name(s), company or institute name(s), address, telephone, fax, and email address.
3. Submit your abstract as a Word document (no PDFs, please) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Papers are being solicited in the following subjects:
• Criminalistics, forensic microscopy and trace evidence (fibers, explosives, paint, glass, drugs, inks, etc.)
• Environmental and hazardous dusts, aerobiology (asbestos, mold, fungal spores, indoor air quality)
• Microscopes (confocal, fluorescence, scanning tunneling, polarizing, etc.)
• Micro-analytical methods: SEM/EDS, TEM, FTIR, Raman
• Art conservation and authentication
• Photomicrography and scientific digital imaging
• White powder, chemical, bioterrorism threats
• Resources, books, atlases, databases
• Historical topics
• Geographical sourcing
• Teaching microscopy/education
• Microscopy tricks of the trade
• Industrial microscopy, crystallography, mineralogy
McCrone Research Institute
2820 S. Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60616-3230
Please call or email us for more information on abstract submissions and conference registration. Authors will be notified if their abstract is accepted. A computer for PowerPoint presentations will be available for speaker presentations.
Presenting authors should prepare for a 20- to 25-minute talk and 2 to 3 minutes for questions.
Sign up for our mailing list to receive information about Inter/Micro, our microscopy courses, publications and other events