COVID-19 Official Guidance
WHAT IS THE OFFICIAL GUIDANCE FROM THE STATE OF ILLINOIS AND CITY OF CHICAGO?
Under RESTORE ILLINOIS, McCrone Research Institute will be closely following state and city guidelines in taking a phased approach to reopening campus and allowing on-campus activities to resume. The Institute also will modify its plans within each phase to accommodate any additional official city or state restrictions.
Illinois entered phase four of its reopening plan on June 26, 2020, bringing back businesses and increasing capacity for others. As of June 11, 2021, the City of Chicago is in Phase 5. Effective February 28, 2022, mask and vaccine requirements are no longer required for certain public spaces.
Official guidance includes and is not limited to the following:
• In-person instruction permitted with required social distancing
• Face coverings must be worn over nose and mouth
• Gatherings of more than 10 people, subject to change pending incident rate of new cases and associated risk levels
• Expanded lab use and research
• Strict adherence to social distancing and personal hygiene
• Employees encouraged to work with staggered work schedules, where practical
• Prior to entering the establishment, staff and faculty are required to self-screen for symptoms
• Limitations on visitors
• Required visual signage
• Individuals with COVID-19 symptoms required to stay home
• For U.S. and international travelers an advisory is in effect. You can view the specific Travel Advisory here.
• For additional details, see the Illinois Department of Public Health Restore Illinois Plan.