Online Learning Session: Dispersion Staining
McCrone Research Institute is currently offering live online microscopy presentations on the Zoom video conferencing platform. Check this page regularly for upcoming learning sessions broadcast live on Zoom.
View the online learning session about the basic principles of dispersion staining, presented on May 22, 2020 (video on YouTube). McCrone Research Institute microscopy instructor Meggan King reviews the setup of the polarized light microscope for dispersion staining and demonstrates how to make a central-stop dispersion staining objective, which is useful for the detection and identification of small particles.
• Make your own central-stop dispersion staining objective (Free PDF)
• McCrone dispersion staining color chart and blank graph (Free PDF)
• Study of minerals by dispersion staining microscopy (YouTube video)
View Microchemistry Fundamentals, the online learning session about the basic principles of microchemical analysis, presented on May 1, 2020 (video on YouTube). McCrone Research Institute microscopy instructor Sebastian Sparenga demonstrates microchemical reactions using small quantities of material, including illicit drugs and diverted pharmaceuticals.
• Handbook of Chemical Microscopy, Volume II: Chemical Methods and Inorganic Qualitative Analysis (Chamot & Mason)
$78.95 SALE: $49.95, free shipping!
• A Modern Compendium of Microcrystal Tests for Illicit Drugs and Diverted Pharmaceuticals (McCrone Research Institute) (Free PDF)
• McCrone’s YouTube channel: View other instructional videos on light microscopy and microanalysis.